Sunday, May 18, 2008

Good run

Ran it out again today. It was pretty darn good. Ran to the park and back, and sprinted back up the hills. That was great. Mostly great. Before sprinting up the hills, almost got hit by a car on State St. A car in the right lane was nice enough to stop for me, as I was coming back up Laurel St instead of all the way to Chestnut or one of the others w/crosswalks. Next time, I will though. Anyway, a car in the right lane was nice enough to stop, so I started crossing and the other lane was clear until I was most of the way through when people behind the car that had stopped started making to pass them. At that point, I was running full bore, so I don't know how close they actually were to me, but it did scare me anyway. Why do people have to be so rude? Obviously the stopped car is stopped for a reason....the same thing happened to a 5th grader in my hometown about 6 yrs ago on 15th Ave NE.

Anyway, great run, I kept really good pace the whole time. I think I am getting a lot faster than I was, and I ran for over 40 mins this time (including those hill sprints, that's pretty damn good)--so my endurance is improving too.

I definitely wore sunscreen today, and shorts. The shorts were a distraction, but it was too warm for pants. I need some shorts that fit better since these ones ride up and I'm self-conscious, and they just aren't comfortable. I love these sunny days!

No comments: