Friday, February 5, 2010

Ran to gym!!

Ran to the Y, which is about a mile each way--woo hoo! running outside :)

Also, pulled a 2k in 9:09. woot. finally speeding up a bit. Hopefully I can get my endurance up to maintain this kind of speed. Again the middle 1000 or so meters were my slowest. My splits always end up like a huge wave...I need to get more consistent too. Again, an issue of endurance.
My splits were (approx. I didn't have my phone on me to take notes) 2:09, 2:15, 2:21, and finally 2:06....why are the middle sections always so slow? ugh.

I also found a rowing club on Whidbey Island that goes out twice a month, and they fall on my days off :) So I think I am getting my butt down there in the morning to get out on the water. I can't wait! I do have to leave by 6a to get there by 8a, but it may very well be worth it. They are going to put me in a quad, which would be perfect....it would be nice if I could compete, but I don't think I have the time to devote for training.

No comments: