Sunday, February 7, 2010

Run, run, as fast as you can

Ran outside and to the park today. Haven't done that run in a looooong time. It was great. I think I was going pretty fast, and got 3/4 up the stairs, which is way farther than I have gotten up them before. Those darn things are tough!! So started on Puget St, and then down to the short trail at Fraser St. From there went to Woburn and Iowa St. Hit the stairs, then through the park to the bridge, then went around the lower gorge trail along the water, and then back past the cemetery and home via Lakeway. It was probably about 4 miles. I feel like I was going faster than usual, and was finally able to run all of it, except the little part on and after the stairs.

At first when I got outside, I was very cold, so had to get moving to get warm. I knew once I got warm, I would have been too hot with more clothes on.

So...tomorrow the plan is to either ride my bike to run errands, or hit up the Y and do some swimming. My arms are still pretty sore from rowing on water (weird how erging doesn't make me sore)...so swimming makes me feel like I am working out and resting at the same time, if that makes any sense.

Today was the Super Bowl. I am glad I ran today so I feel less guilty about what I did eat at the party. I also ate lunch before we went to the party, so I wouldn't load up on party food. I waited until the end of the first quarter to hit the food/beer stash. I tried to eat a lot of veggies and real food, but by the end, I had loaded up on chips and dip. I don't really think that I ate too terribly, so that's good.

No comments: