Sunday, January 31, 2010

dreadmill and erg time

Pulled a 6k on the erg again today. Can't get past that darn 28:30.7 time. Whether I start fast and slow down, or start slow (like today!) and try to speed up, I just can't get any faster than 28:30. I am thinking that for a while I am going to do 500 sprints and try get that muscle reaction time faster so I can speed it up.

The first 1500 meters were terrible. My arms felt like they weighed a million pounds. I just could not get them to pull or get my hands to hold on. I really almost quit after the first 2k, but sucked it up and just kept going, which is why I usually choose the erg over the TM. I never keep going on the TM. I always keep going on the erg.


Heavy arms are probably why, unlike a few days ago, my splits were really bad today. I started out really slow (2:20ish) and then it sped up a little more, slowed way back down for the 3000s and then sped back up again for the finish. I have got to work on my consistency too--which means my endurance. So, endurance and fast-twitch muscles are my new project. I think that erging will help my running, and my running will help my rowing. I wish I could row on the water.

Yesterday, I ran on the TM for about half an hour. That was good. Boring, as the TM always is, but good. I wanted to do 45 mins, but it was just too unbearable. I can't wait to run outside again.

Tomorrow morning I am planning on swimming after work and then sleeping before I head into work in the afternoon.

No comments: