Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Gym, again

Since my work has a group discount at the Y, I figured I should join since I am not exactly running lately. There are a few reasons for this: my hip pain is back, and is in both hips now. Also, since I work nights, it is often too dark to go out and safely run on the trails, and the roads definitely exacerbate the pain. Hopefully I will get back into this and strengthen my legs so my hips stop hurting. I am going to start icing them more frequently, and probably will do more stretches.

This morning after work, I did my first workout at the Y. It was awesome. I was going to swim, but sometimes it is hard to stay focused in the pool, esp after I work the night before so I decided to do some cardio stuff. I ran on the TM for 10 mins and then hit the erg. I did a 2k in 9:22.8. It was amazing, and has to be some kind of record for me! I am debating going back this afternoon for a swim....we'll see.


No comments: