Sunday, January 24, 2010

6k!!

For all the rowers out there, I pulled a 6k today in 28:22...woo hoo! Can't wait to see my times go up. This is my new workout of choice at the gym (when I don't swim) because the TM is BORING, and I can't go more than 5 minutes on it without going crazy, even with the nice view out the windows...and weights and I have never really gotten along.

So that was good. After about the first 2k, I was totally in the zone, and could have just kept going forever. Until the last 2k, I felt really good, and that middle section is a blur (my 500m splits reflect that, the splits for 3000-3500 and 3500-4000 were identical, which is very odd) so I was cruising along at that point. The last 2k, I always try to sprint it out, but it is so hard. I am lucky if my 1500-1000 time is close to the 500-0 time.

This week, I worked out Monday after work, rode my bike Thurs and Fri, and worked out today. Sunday, if I do anything, I will swim.

Non-workout related: I bought a dress today, and am thinking I will June Cleaver it up and bake cupcakes/run errands in said dress tomorrow. I will also do laundry and study for the GRE, which is MONDAY at 12p....wish me luck!!

I am thinking about applying to a UW Masters in Public Health Program designed for working students that only has classroom sessions for 4 weeks in the summer and then 4 weekends over the course of the year. That could totally work for me......priority deadline is Feb 15th. I also may just do the Med Asst program at SVC for more hands on work. I either want something more hands-on or something that pulls together my interests of public policy, diversity/communities of color, and healthcare. Public Health is definitely the way to go for that....we'll see what happens. I haven't studied for the GRE that much, but how hard can it be???? It's just an SAT, but harder, right?

No comments: