Saturday, December 12, 2009

Candy Cane Dash!

At like 2:00 this morning, I decided that I would run in the Candy Cane Dash today. It's kind of a Shoreline/Shorecrest tradition, so that was cool. Didn't see anyone that I went to school with, but that's probably good. So I got up at 7:30 to run a race at 9 in the middle of all this other stuff we have going on. It was a nice distraction and it was a good way to guarantee I would get my run in today, and not feel bad about not running tomorrow :)

My sister and her best friend have a case of "too cool-itis" so they were being moody teens the whole time, but Allie did finish in 31 mins. I did it in 31:43. Hopefully next 5k I will do better than 30 mins. That's the hope.

Races are really fun, and I need new shoes, like yesterday. I got a blister, again. So I really need new shoes and a new warm longsleeve. This one chafes a lot since it is so old.

Woo hoo!

No comments: