Sunday, October 31, 2010

DISASTER

blargh. My ankle is broken. fail. and it's my right, so I can't even drive. And there are no crutches in this damn city, so I am hopping around my house until tomorrow. Boo. No school, nothing. Not sure how long I will be out of commission, hopefully not long. I just need to be told if I have to stay off it, or if I will be able to work and walk on it.

Here's what happened: Jake and I were out for a run with the dog. It's fall, so everything is wet and there are wet leaves all over the ground. I guess I hit a rock or something and my foot rolled right under me. I didn't fall, but I think that may have made it worse since I then put all of my weight onto the end of my fibula. I am sure I heard a pop, but it may have just been my foot hitting the ground. Then I stopped and had to sit right away. It hurt soooo bad. Pretty soon I knew I had to get up and try to get over by the car before it hurt too bad to get up. My whole foot and a little bit of my lower leg hurt. I got home and then iced and elevated it, but even ice hurt, and Jake said that I was making too many pain faces and I needed to go to the doctor.

So we went to the doctor and I waited until 5 for the doctor to finally come it. She said that it was probably a sprain since I had a moderate amount of swelling, but sent me for an xray too. Once I got the xray, I had one of the providers look at it, and they saw a hairline fracture on the bottom of my fibula. So it's badly sprained and probably broken. The doc who treated me today didn't see the fracture so she said to stay off it tonight and to call my doctor tomorrow and they will see the xray and the radiologist's report. Hopefully I get good news tomorrow!

No comments: