Monday, September 21, 2009

Yeah, I guess I do

I was asked by an annoying rude person today on my run (from the privileged position of their car window) if I also waddle when I walk. Granted, I had a just started my run, so I was kind of shuffling to warm up, but seriously, how uncalled for was that? How do rude people even stand themselves? I don't get it.

But, yeah, I guess I do waddle a little bit, since I am pretty bottom heavy. But you know what? These thighs and this bum can carry me for miles on feet and even more miles on a bike, so there. I don't see you out there with me 4 days a week. Someone has already made a career of "waddling" http://thepenguin.runnersworld.com/

During the run today, I tried hard to get past it, but for the first half of the run the sun was behind me or on my left, except for the cooler parts of the park, and I just watched my shadow the whole time. I have to say that I hardly waddle or shuffle when I run, but whatever. I know when I do lose weight, my form will get much better and this will be less physically demanding, but right now, it is what it is.

And I love my new shorts. They rode up a little...but no burning rash today, so that's good. Did a slightly shorter version of the course that I did yesterday, so about 7 or 8 miles in one day. Woo hoo.

No comments: