Monday, September 21, 2009

Guess I need some body glide or something...

Ran maybe 4 or 5 miles today in the sun. Went down Puget St to Fraser, then up the trail to Woburn, then to Iowa St to the Park Trail, then through the park and back around to the Lakeway side by the cemetery and came down Lakeway to get home. It was pretty good and I think I made good time. It was a little warm. Seriously, I need to get out earlier or it needs to get cooler out...I think the more likely option is the getting cooler out:)

So, I wore my adidas "compression" shorts since they used to not chafe, but today they totally did, so I got some new "floppy" shorts. My leg still hurts from that...ouch! Those should be good since they should be loose enough, but short enough that they will stay down. Can't wait to try them out tomorrow.

I also finished the running book last night. It was pretty good, but I don't know if it is necessarily for me since I am not a marathoner (yet)....it was pretty introspective, and I don't know if I have ever thought that much about running. Yeah, I think about it a lot and it keeps me strong: mentally, physically, and emotionally, but it didn't necessarily seem running-related, or related to a runner like me.... I do want to try some more running books though, maybe some novels rather than memoirs.

No comments: