Thursday, December 11, 2008

Outside again!

So I bought a smartwool neck gaiter that I'm using as a headband/ear cover, and I actually took it outside today. It was AMAZING! About 40 degrees out and clear, totally invigorating! Wow. I ran through the park and around to the cemetery. There's a long trail section that connects the park to the cemetery, and it used to take me 25 mins/half an hour to get there, and today, it took 14 minutes. That was great. Apparently the treadmill is working :) So now on clear days, I think I will take it outside, and do the treadmill in the rain. I still need a buddy for weights, but running alone is the thing I guess.

I ran 23 minutes all together, so apparently the section I run is about 2 miles. I used to think it was way longer because it took so long. Guess I need to add more to the run. I'll probably do a loop through the cemetery and more of the trails in the park once I am ready to add more to it. Those stairs still suck.

All together it was great to get back outside. Wore long pants, long sleeve purple, light vest, and smartwool band. I need better socks I think, the shoes ventilate a little too well for winter--smartwool for sure!

No comments: